Web 2.0 Round up Modal Window Lightbox Effect Libraries
Modal window effects or well known as lightbox effects has became a new web 2.0 buzz words, since lightbox released, many clones has launched, made by creative developers around world wide web.
Here i listed some of the excellent lightbox effect libraries that you can choose to have overlay effects in your web pages.
overlay images effect made by Lokesh Dhakar, uses Prototype Framework and Scriptaculous Effects Library, Lightbox has inspired the others lightboxes.
Slimbox is a 7kb visual clone of the popular Lightbox JS v2.0 by Lokesh Dhakar, written using the ultra compact mootools framework. It was designed to be small, efficient, more convenient and 100% compatible with the original Lightbox v2.
Written by Răzvan Brateş used to display remote content loaded using AJAX, web 2.0 style, written for the mootools framework. It can be used to display some help document, an extra options page, a registration form, etc.
Written by Kevin Miller one of my favourites, Lightwindow is based on Prototype Framework and Scriptaculous Effects Library, and Lightwindow can be your one stop solutions for overlaying content in your web page, can be used to overlay images, video, flash movie, inline content, external webpage, ajax form etc., but though the layout styling using CSS it is still a lil bit difficult to do the modification. Overall lightwindow is one of the best
Videobox is a 6kb script, which shows your videos in the page with an overlay. It was inspired from Lightbox.v2 and uses some of the Slimbox’s code. It’s written for the wonderful mootools library. And used swfobject to embed flash. link
Facebox is a jQuery-based, Facebook-style lightbox which can display images, divs, or entire remote pages. Uses transparancy round corner style.
Lightview written by Nick Stakenburg as the site says overlay images anything with style, Lightview can be used to overlay image, set of images, external web pages, quicktime video, flash movie, ajax form, Iframe, inline content, I personally love the style, adjustable rounded corner without PNGs image, useing Prototype 1.6 Framework and Scriptaculous Effects Library.
another lightbox effect by pathfusion, it was designed to give inline popup effect to a link which were targeted to images, flash, flv (flash video), multimedia (Quicktime, Window Media, Real, mp3s), and html with ability to add ajax functionality, was made using mootools v1.11 and to embed flash object using swfobject.js.
- YUI based Lightbox Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI) based Lightbox effects written by thecodecentral.com
- SqueezeBox moo.Playground – SqueezeBox is a lightbox effects library based on Moo Tools which can handle everything, images, image gallery, web page, ajax page, etc.
- LITBox Few modifications of Thickbox made into a Prototype class and Scriptaculous.
- Lytebox is a self-contained object version of lightbox2, eliminated the dependency of prototype.js, effects.js, and scriptaculous.js. Support images overlays and HTML content as well, the improvements of Lightbox2
- Lightbox++ is an improvements of Lightbox2 with the ability to overlay flash movie
- iBox is a lightweight script that lets you overlay images and documents in a small dialog without a page reload can be used to overlay images, divs, and HTML page.
- mooSlideBox is small and slim ajax based extension, an excellent slide lightbox effects based on the mootools framework version 1.11.