Sunday is always the best day among all, one full day free to do whateva i want to, and after delayed several days, finaly i have a time to re-create my portfolio page and use my old purchased domain (developer.web.id) for it.
I have written unfinished script to use carousel effect on it but then i change to be a bit different, using Nick La based decorative gallery and my previous jquery slide navigation. Here is my new online portfolio page, still not finish yet, and probably i’ll change it to completely different looks or combine it with something else to make it better, but certainly i need another sunday …
New version of YUI (Yahoo! User Interface) 2.6.0 has announced by Nate Koechley from YUI development community at YUI development blog, it includes more than 450 total fixes, enhancements and optimizations, graduates eight components out of “beta,” and now ships with more than 290 functional examples, also with a new Carousel Control, and Paginator Control for general use. Check out further detail here
Another news that worth to check out is wordpress 2.7 wireframe that which show you the outlines the navigation model, header elements, and important screens such as the dashboard, the new post screen, and list screens for posts, comments, and media. check the original post at wordpress development blog
WordPress 2.6 code name Tyner was released at July 15 with a number of new features that make WordPress a more powerful CMS.
- Post Revisions: Wiki-like tracking of edits which enabled us to go back to an older version of a post after revision
- Press This!, that provides a fast and smart popup to do posts to our wordpress blog
- Shift Gears, integration with google gears to speed up our blogging experiences
- Theme Previews, provides live preview of selected theme
- Word count! Never guess how many words are in your post anymore.
- Image captions, so you can add sweet captions like Political Ticker does under your images.
- Bulk management of plugins.
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. It’s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG.
- Drag-and-drop reordering of Galleries.
- Plugin update notification bubble.
- Customizable default avatars.
- You can now upload media when in full-screen mode.
- Remote publishing via XML-RPC and APP is now secure (off) by default, but you can turn it on easily through the options screen.
- Full SSL support in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security.
- You can now have many thousands of pages or categories with no interface issues.
- Ability to move your wp-config file and wp-content directories to a custom location, for clean SVN checkouts.
- Select a range of checkboxes with shift-click.
- You can toggle between the Flash uploader and the classic one.
- A number of proactive security enhancements, including cookies and database interactions.
- Stronger better faster versions of TinyMCE, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
- Version 2.6 fixes approximately 194 bugs.
Finally stable version new wordpress 2.5 is launched today, The improvements in this release are numerous such as: multi-file uploading, one-click plugin upgrades, built-in galleries, customizable dashboard, salted passwords and cookie encryption, media library, a WYSIWYG that doesn’t mess with your code, concurrent post editing protection, full-screen writing, and search that covers posts and pages.
I just upgraded to wordpress 2.5 RC2 few hours ago, now i should take alook at the full changelog to see the update from RC2 version, but so far i really impressed by this new wordpress 2.5 version, I love the new dashboard layout and writing page adjustment with multi files uploader and progressbar, also built-in galleries. Now it is much easier to insert an image nor video into our post.
I have upgraded this blog to wordpress 2.5 RC2, so far everything running well as expected, just a small problem in activating plugin which makes all post disappear in homepage, i will investigate further later on.
The biggest changes of new wordpress version are in administrator layout, and added multiple images upload with ajax method integrated. Excellent !.
If you found any bugs on my blog after this upgrade process please let me know