Sam Dunn published an article about how to create a neat sliding box image caption using jQuery at buildinternet.com. The idea is very simple as you may have seen in many portfolio websites out there, giving a cool caption to an image by adding a cover (block HTML element) with sliding animation ($.animate()) to show short description about the image.
Uploadify is a jQuery plugin that allows the easy integration of a multiple (or single) file uploads on your website. It requires Flash and any backend development language. An array of options allow for full customization for advanced users, but basic implementation is so easy that even coding novices can do it.
Uploadify is very easy to implement:
Uploadify released under GPL and MIT licenses. Download, demo & docs could be found here
fgCharting is customizable, it uses the advantages of HTML canvas element, and it allows us to create a different type of chart easily, such as:
- line chart
- filledLine chart
- additiveLine chart
- additiveFilledLine chart
- pie chart
- bar chart
- additiveBar chart
download, sample and detail documentation could be found here
James Padolsey at learningjquery.com has shown us how to achieve the “optimum level” of customization to jQuery plugin, with few main points:
- Don’t create plugin-specific syntax
- Give full control of DOM elements
- Provide callback capabilities
And few considerations to be double checked:
- Flexibility: How many situations will your plugin be able to deal with?
- Size: Does the size of your plugin correspond to its level of functionality? I.e. Would you use a very basic tooltip plugin if it was 20k in size? – Probably not!
- Performance: Does your plugin heavily process the options in any way? Does this effect speed? Is the overhead caused worth it for the end user?
I got pop by tweets from john resig and jqueryui announce the release of new version jqueryui 1.7 compatible with the updated jquery core 1.3 (currently jquery 1.3.2). It comes with lots of updates includes:
- New domain and new dedicated blog
- CSS Frameworks and has hosted in Google Ajax Libraries API
- ThemeRoller V2 complements the new CSS Framework and Widget designs
- Full Offline Documentation (hell yeah this is maybe dedicated to Indonesian Jquery Fans who has unstable internet connection like me)
- Themes Bundled in Download