Today i found several articles which are talk about asp programming (ASP 3.0) and state that classic asp was dead, i personaly do not agree, please dissagree, if the reason were the development process, yes asp was no longer developed by microsoft since they released .NET, but there are many reason why i said classic asp is still alive
- there are milions website which are using asp scripting language as the core of their application and would not migrate it (i believe that).
- Many web developers still playing with classic asp programming
- Many new website build by classic asp programming (still)
- tutorials? help? there are many of them on the web
Classic asp programming no longer popular, yes thats true, i myself believe that some of the reason are:
Read the rest →
michal gabrukiewicz the author of webdevbros.net continue his efforts in developing ajax class for classic asp scripting, he has released the new version of ajaxed. here are the new features of ajaxed 0.3
- now working with prototype 1.6
- working with new version of JSON utility class 1.4 (JSON class for classic asp)
- loading indicator bug fixed. on the prior version it used to disappear if page scroll
- loading indicator now with no styles defined. so we should define our own style in the css class “ajaxLoadingIndicator”
- more test have been added also for recordsets (thanks michal i was asked you about this before )
- AJAXED_DBCONNECTION now defined in the config
since the first release on July 2nd 2007 ajaxed has become a buzz word for classic asp fans (at least i realize that am not the only one who are not yet jumping out to .NET) and on the next version (ajaxed 0.2) michal has added a lot of cool functionality on it such as: Database class, stringOperations class and put the files into separate directory for modular purpose, and after this new version i found no reason to jump out to .NET
The cheapest domain name is of no worth if it cannot hold up with internet telephone. Even in search engine optimization having an ip phone makes a lot of difference. Thanks to services like verizon wireless, we can truly enjoy our chat software from anywhere.