These are some usefull links for VBscript programmer, which will help you a lot in learning WSH & VBscript or even developing real projects using VBscript, Jscript, Dictionary Object, File System Object (FSO), encoder etc. I personaly prefer CHM format since it is portable and by default able to run in basic windows installation, and ofcourse because it does not need to have internet connection to run it (well here internet is expensive).
- Windows Script Host (WSH) documentation in CHM format, include VBscript, Jscript, Dictionary Object, FSO, and WSH
- Online VBscript language reference categorized as Arithmetic Functions : Mathematics and arithmetic functions, Conditional Statements : Control processes based on conditions, Constants : Constant values built into VBScript, Date & Time Functions : Functions to work with dates and time, String Functions : Functions for manipulating and working with strings, User Interface : Functions for user interaction and input, Variable Functions : Variable functions, validation and conversion, also Array, comparisson, and variables
- Online Windows Scripting Host (WSH) language reference covers FSO and Wscript
- The Administrator Shortcut Guide to VB Scripting for Windows Free e-book from realtimepublisher
- MSDN library covers VBscript, Jscript, Scripting Runtime Object, WSH, ADSI also available downloadable samples
- VBscript function references
VBS still rocks!
As i wrote in my previous post, i want to create an ajax based image picker using jquery, and the result is here.
What a busy days huh!, and damned there were a light faliure a day long *it’s so indonesia: worst service highest charge*, i want to create an ajax based image picker for myself, after googling i found a couple references:
- jquery based file tree with available connectors in PHP, ASP.NET, JSP, and LASSO but no Classic ASP
Read the rest →
Unix timestamps is a series of number which is represent the seconds since the epoch, January 1st 1970 00:00:00. With Unix timestamp format we can just simply store integer value into database careless about the specific date format, and next we can load it in necessary format in our webpage. This is which i think much simpler and safe rather than store it in regular date format.
PHP has load of date format options, we just need to specify the format we need, but in ASP especially ASP 3.0 (Classic ASP) which has only few format date available, we need to format it manually the beauty of classic asp programming, you need to create your own with limited built-in functionalities. I came a cross Dave Child’s article at ilovejackdaniels.com and follow the comments from respectives users thanks guys, here it is with little fixxing:
Read the rest →
Michal Gabrukiewicz, ajaxed developer has released the new version of ajaxed, the ajax framework for classic asp programming, with a lot of changes and new features added to the library, check it out.